Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let there be lamps

Our living room has been lacking in the lighting department for a while now. Lamps are just so darn expensive to buy. Okay, maybe not the most expensive purchase in a home.. But I'm cheap and not afraid to admit it. Thankfully, a family friend gave us a set of lamps. Behold..






I take no credit for discovering this wicked-awesome-cool spray-paint. Thomas totally picked it out. I would defiantly recommend this stuff. Very easy to paint with and leaves a really neat effect.. High five Thomas. High five. $14.00 for these and I didn't use a full can. Super. Now I get to do another project..


Lamp shades are from IKEA. $13.00 each.




Thomas had to rewire the lamp slightly to allow the shade to hang properly. He is so handy. Not sure what I would do without him.. but I'm sure it would involve a lot of wine..


Drumroll please..



TA DA.......



What do you think? Personally, I love them. THANKS Sandy! You are the greatest. :)


Domestically Speaking

2 comments:

  1. Great job Monique! The lamps look great and brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story above epitomizes just one motivation behind why you ought to think about a classical light. There are a lot more motivations to buy an antique light not the least of which is quality and craftsmanship. The mind lion's share of lights created today are made of tar (poly) of some sort. royal moon lamp

    ReplyDelete