Monday, October 4, 2010

I see a white door and I want to paint it red...

Are you ready for this?

Its my most favoritest thing that we've done in the house to date.

Its awesome..

I'm not the greatest at capturing the before shots. So here is the door with a couple of samples on it. (apparently I need to calm down when I 'sample' a colour.. :) )

We decided on Benjamin Moores Affinity Color 'Dinner Party' in their exterior Aura paint. We love BM's Aura paint! Its incredible. I was able to cover this door in two coats. If you have ever painted with red before, you know thats pretty decent.

The old brass hardware just wasn't jiving with the doors pretty new colour. So a trip to Rona later..

Oh, I guess they had a sale on thermostats too.. ;)


Ugly old hinges..

Brand new and looking great!



A little before and "after" shot.. (even though we have a long way to go..)



Before our move in, May 2010


Taken tonight, October 4 2010 :)


I'm sure I speak for both Thomas and I when I say we are super proud of our little bungalow. And all that we have accomplished and done here. There is still a lot of work to be done. At this point, there is no slowing us down. We are renovating machines! :)

What do you think? Do you like our new red door? :)

Incase you were curious.. the total cost for this project including paint and new hardware was $125.00. Less than a new door and MUCH more fun! :)

3 comments:

  1. Very nice door and cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shot where the door is open a bit and you can see your beautiful fall wreath - LOVE

    Lookin good little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice job,looks great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete